[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Wednesday, November 30, 2005


I like this photo -- Nancy took it of course. The ruined temple complex that contains Khun Poke's phallic image. Note that even the headless Buddhas get swathed in saffron robes on important religious holidays. Buddha's image is seriously worshipped here, and you might wonder where all the heads went. Did the Burmese take them after they sacked Ayutthaya and went back home? Nope. You can find these Buddhas' heads in museums and in private collections across Europe and the U.S.!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home