[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Wednesday, November 30, 2005


My favorite photo of Nancy of all time. She, of course, hates it. Behind her are boats that belong to the Sea Gypsies. No, these are not imaginary people. I think their official name is the Morgan and I'm not sure of much else, but from what I understand they make their living as nomads of the sea and don't take part in civilian Thai life. Everyone says they are desperately poor and their kids don't go to school. They were either decimated by the tsunami waves or escaped unscathed because they sensed the wave's approach. It depends on who you talk to. I just like to say "sea gypsies" as much as possible myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home