[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Wednesday, August 02, 2006


Like Angkor Wat, Bayon is partly known for its walls and walls of bas reliefs ... Bayon, which was built about a 100 years after Angkor Wat is unique because not only does it depict a bunch of boring battles and religious stories but it also shows, in detail, scenes from the everyday life of both the upper and lower classes! Okay I know you are totally amazed at this point, but you have to see these walls of intricate carvings stretching before you in the distance to get a feel for how much effort went into this. Here is a scene depicting the Khmers going into battle against the people of Middle Earth in Lord of the Rings. Look, you can see the elephant that they rode around on. Okay, none of this might be technically correct but you get the gist ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home