[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Friday, August 04, 2006


"You have not quite an aerial view -- the summit is not high enough for that ... But you can see enough to realize something of the superb audacity of the architects who dared to embark upon a single plan measuring nearly a square mile. ... Worshipful for its beauty, bewildering in its stupendous size, there is no other point from which the Wat appears so inconceivable an undertaking to have been attempted -- much less achieved -- by human brains and hands." ~ HW Ponder, Cambodian Glory: The Mystery of the Deserted Khmer Cities and their Vanquished Splendor.

I'm the teeny tiny blue point off in the distance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home