[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Wednesday, November 30, 2005


Flowers on a bodhi tree. That's the kind of tree Buddha sat underneath when he was enlightened. On our last stop of our Ayutthaya tour, I wanted to go to a functioning, non-sacked temple, so we did, and it has this rare tree in its yard, all the way from India. Later we got sprinkled with holy water from an important monk. Hanging out inside temples is really chill and relaxing. I feel like I could sit there all day ... it's quiet, there's plenty to watch since people are in and out all day praying and what have you and there's always a fan going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home