[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Saturday, August 05, 2006


Here is a shot of the western entrance to the temple. Because Angkor Wat is most likely a funerary temple built for himself by one of the Khmer Empire's Hindu kings it is oriented to the west since the setting sun equals death. And guess what, as soon as the King died the new king ordered a halt to work on it so the back part of the temple is not as elaborately carved as the front part. It's kind of like a new US president halting or actively dismantling policies and legislation enacted by the previous president. It's kind of like Bush halting elaborate anti-terrorism initiatives begun by Clinton not long after (not) winning the election. Oh sorry am I rambling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home