[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Thursday, December 01, 2005


The future site of Thailand's official Tsunami Victim Memorial. It's being built on national park land, even though that's illegal -- yeah right. Like that makes a big difference, since the guy in charge is also the Vice-Minister of Natural Resources! HAHAHA! He's also the once behind the brand new Chiang Mai Night Safari which, according to a recent AP article, will be serving exotic animals on its VIP menu. I love Thailand! Anyway, three park rangers dressed as scary commandos. They're under orders to shoot on site if you pick a leaf off a tree or step off the designated path ... unless you're planning to build a tourist monstrosity the size of two soccer fields. Did you know you can buy honest-to-God taser guns off a blanket at Bangkok's Thieves Market (it's in Chinatown)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home