[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Sunday, July 30, 2006


Here kitty kitty. Sorry I know I said I was going to upload Angkor Wat photos next, but I stumbled across these and had to share. Before you is photographic evidence of me executing one of the stupidest things I have ever done in my life. Yes, I paid ten bucks to pet a tiger. Recently Nancy and I took a trip out to Kanchanaburi province, home of the River Kwai (i.e. site of the movie based on the WWII POW death camp) AND home to the world's only Tiger Temple, where orphaned tiger cubs are dropped off to grow strong and big under the care of Buddhist monks. But tigers are expensive to feed -- I mean, we're talking a cow a day or whatever -- so the monks get them to earn their keep by letting dumbass tourists like myself pay the big bucks for a grope or two. This was, of course, entirely Nancy's idea and I, of course, totally went along with it, despite all of my better judgements (I don't even know why I bother having better judgements, I just ignore them anyway).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home