[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Wednesday, July 12, 2006


Okay so I turned 30 last April, although I managed to keep it mostly out of the newspapers. Anyway, Nancy and I did dinner and dancing at an Isaan music hall with a bunch of Bangkok friends, my favorite! The band even stopped and played me "Happy Birthday!" You see, the Isaan people are from an area of northeastern Thailand and in many ways they resemble our Mexicans -- they dance better, they eat better, they love life better and their music is fun and heartbreaking -- and they are Bangkok's maids, gardeners and crappily paid road crews! Yay for Isaan people! Also, Thai people despise them because they think they are too country and have brown skin. And because they are poor. A huge sin as we know full well in the U.S. Anyway, please enjoy the photos from my night of bliss -- oh yeah I accidentally loaded the same photo a bunch of times but I think it's funnier this way. You have to guess which one is the right caption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home