[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Friday, September 22, 2006

Screw this ... the website of an anti-coup group that is planning to stage a demonstration Friday night (at a shopping mall, this is Thailand after all) has been blocked. Reminds me of China days. Spent my second day interviewing Thais and foreigners out in the streets ... plus a stop off at Pat Pong where the hookers are still hard at work but there are noticeably fewer tourists. Which everyone I spoke to there confirmed for me. They are worried.

Here is the website in case it is ever unblocked ten years from now: http://www.19sep.org/ ... or wait I guess it isn't blocked outside of Thailand. I don't know, I've never completely firmed up my total understanding of how the World Wide Web of the Internet actually works. My half-assed understanding of it, however, is quite firm. Oh I like that.

I got interviewed by a national radio program in the U.S. at two in the morning yesterday. It was a perfect cap to my surreal day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home