[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Tuesday, November 14, 2006


Durian, "that stinky Asian fruit." Will give you a heart attack and make you die if you eat too much of it, a little urban legend that is repeated ad nauseum in Thailand even as people continue to stuff their faces with it and live. Beyond the durian is the fruit lady's other pickins, which seriously suck come late afternoon, which is when I usually rouse myself from my cave and go out to meet the day! The late bird definitely gets the worm (badda bing!).

Beyond the fruit stand are the motorcycle taxis and their drivers who, for a mere 20 cents will take you up and down my soi in the blink of an eye, sans helmet of course. I usually avoid them except late at night when my soi tends to get a little "rapey."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home