[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Thursday, December 01, 2005


Jennifer, second from right, graduated from Columbia J-School last year with our guide to Singapore, Zac, far right. He met us at our fabulous hotel and took us to India Town, which was in the final throes of three weeks of Diwali, Hindu festival of lights, which there is called "Deepavali" if I remember correctly. We were actually too busy to go with him that night so we sent our spirits instead.

From the left is the spirit of Nancy, the spirit of Grace (Lay Out Guru at my former job), the spirit of Jen (Copy Editing Mistress, well until she quit that hellhole) and Zac, a reporter for the Straits Times in Singapore. He likes it even though Singapore just recently ranked 140th out of 167 countries this past October in terms of press freedom according to Reporters Without Borders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home