[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Thursday, December 01, 2005


Two graceful -- and rare -- black swans sailing outside my bungalow at a Khao Lak resort where I was covering the reopening of the Khao Lak Meridien, one of the many places destroyed by the tsunami in Phang Nga province. Later I found out that one of the swans went missing and hotel staff found its barbecued carcass nearby -- some workers had eaten it! Now there are armed guards patrolling the grounds, protecting the swans which cost some ridiculous amount of money to import. One of those swans got eaten. I think that's funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home