[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Thursday, December 01, 2005


Singapore's Raffles Hotel, aw yeah. If you're going to do Singapore (and by "do" I mean "visit" you filthy person) do it right baby. Stay at the Raffles for I won't tell you how much money a night ... It's an ancient hotel that dates from a thousand years ago when the horsey set of colonial-era England needed a "no-Asiatics allowed" type of place to cool their heels during their colonial tours-of duties. The place is GORGEOUS and has totally cashed in on its literary reputation -- it has a Joseph Conrad room, a Somerset Maugham room and a Rudyard Kipling room. Nancy and I checked in and were assigned our own PERSONAL ROOM VALET named Faisal. We even had a buzzer in our room that would call him to us when we needed him. We had no idea what to do with a personal room valet, but later that night we were inspired and ordered him to bring us dancing girls, which was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home