[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Thursday, March 23, 2006

So this mentally ill guy attacked a holy shrine early Tuesday morning and the worshippers beat him to death. Right smack in the middle of downtown Bangkok, on the street, in the midst of all the big shiny malls. The best part is the Thai media isn't reporting the fact that they killed him -- only that the shrine was vandalized --including my former paper Thai Day. Whatever. One English language Thai paper has reported this fact. Of course, the IHT, which comes with the Thai Day, did its own story reporting this key fact. That the crowd beat him to death. Religion is such a beautiful thing.

I don't know what else I expected from a paper that regularly prints fake letters to the editor bearing made up names -- all written by staff. But it's okay because the other Thai papers all do it. What-evah. It's a whole different ballgame here and I ain't playin', that's for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home