[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Sunday, March 26, 2006


This guy came to the rally with a bunch of his friends from a university in the countryside (the "countryside" meaning anywhere outside of Bangkok). Note the little Hitler mustachios painted onto Thaksin's face, a common m.o. these days. Corrupt he is, Hitler he is not. Although he is responsible for at least 3,000 extra-judicial government killings of drug users and dealers in the north several years ago. And he did order an emergency decree in the "restive south" which has led to the arrest, torture and disappearance of a number of Thai Muslim citizens without court orders yadda yadda ... so I don't know what he is. I guess he's like Bush, or Bush uncensored. Blech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home