[sic]

"I would to Heaven that I were so much Clay-- ...Because at least the past were past away-- And for the future--(but I write this reeling Having got drunk exceedingly to day So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling) I say--the future is a serious matter-- And so--for Godsake--Hock and Soda water." --Lord Byron

Sunday, March 26, 2006


This is Ms. Chandrarat, 56, who was sitting with her friends at the rally ... they were mostly chatting but she was waving a selection of incendiary signs ... this one shows a photo of Thaksin's wife Pojamon (I always wants to call her "Pokamon") leaning over to flash him her compact mirror. Ms. Chandrarat -- who is a government official and happy to announce that fact, a sure sign of the turning tide -- also had a sign that said "Devil! Devil! Devil! Get Out!" in Thai and English just in case she didn't get her point across. Like everyone protester I have asked, she has no idea who should take Thaksin's place should he actually step down or be voted out of office. Just not the Democrats, everyone says, which is the main opposition party to Thaksin's Thai Rak Thai ("Thai Love Thai") party. Uh ... okay. I'm like, be careful what you wish for. Power vacuums don't stay unfilled for long and are usually filled by the most unsuitable people you can imagine. For example, the army.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home